Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hedgehogs

No comments:
 
A Hedgehog feeding in our garden from last year

I’m very pleased to say the hedgehogs are back. After seeing them around all last summer, in and out of the garden each night snuffling about and grunting at each other.

We had four different ones, one being a large male my husband did not realize they got so big until one night he heard a lot of noise going on outside and went to investigate only to find two hedgehogs one a lot larger than the other, the male must have come around for a mate.

We saw a couple of young ones quite late in the year; I do hope they survived the winter.

With all the flooding we had during the winter I was getting worried they that might have been flooded out during hibernation, but they are back again. So I’m back feeding them every night with hedgehog food I get from our local garden center, I don’t use cat food partly because I know our cats will eat it but they don’t seem to eat the hedgehog food.

I will try and get some more pictures this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff