Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tower hide at Black Marsh Axe estuary

No comments:
 
Tower hide at Black Marsh Axe estuary

I decided to go out with my new camera and try the big lens out properly so I thought about the Axe Estuary, I haven’t been out there for a very long time, and to be honest didn’t really know were the hides were, so I just parked on the side of the road that runs along the edge of the estuary. Started taking pictures and then a couple walked by and told me where the hides are and where to park, by the time I had finished the weather had tuned bad, but I think it’s a place I’ll try an other time. While I parked up be the estuary I managed to get some quite good pictures considering it was the first time out properly with the new camera.



I think the young gull has dropped some thing the older one has spotted.

I think the young gull has dropped some thing the older one has spotted.

This young Black Backed Gull looks as if he is about to land on the one in the water.


This young Black Backed Gull looks as if he is about to land on the one in the water.


Herring Gull on the water

This young Herring Gull is looking very curiously at the seaweed as if he is not to sure about it.

Godwits on the mud

These Godwits are probing the mud for invertebrates, their staple diet, before the tide changes. 

 Mallard duck

I think this female Mallard has lost her way a bit amongst all the Great Black Backed Gulls.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff